Instagram has over a billion users, and it is primarily used to post pictures. Where it lacks is in terms of online privacy. If you think you can do without Instagram to keep your privacy intact, then you should consider deleting your Instagram account. Once you have decided, and if you are wondering how to delete Instagram account, then you are at the right place. Let’s take a look on how you can deactivate your Instagram account with ease.
How to Temporarily Disable your Instagram Account?
- Log in to your Instagram account. You will need to do so from a browser, as you will not be able to disable your account within the app itself.
- Select the My Profile on the top right hand of the screen.
- Select Edit Profile.
- Select Temporarily Disable My Account at the bottom of the screen.
How to Delete your Instagram Permanently?
- Log into your Instagram account. Use a browser though, as you will not be able to delete your account for good within the app itself.
- Select your reason for deleting your account next to Why Are You Deleting Your Account?
- Simply enter your password and select Permanently Delete My Account.
Is Instagram Safe?
Why Delete your Instagram Account?
- Instagram utilizes its users’ information to present them with targeted awards and promotions.
- Facebook owns Instagram. It works with countless third parties, which means your data could be shared with them as well. Your information could also be provided to the legal authorities upon request to aid in an investigation.
If you do not want your information to be used for advertising, or do not want it to be used without consent, you are better off without Instagram.
In case you want to continue using Instagram, at least without revealing your internet traffic to your ISP, then you should use a reliable VPN, like Ivacy VPN.